Secure Covers - The Ultimate in Silage Protection
Secure Covers are made from the highest quality, finely knitted, UV stable polyethylene mesh. The Secure Cover is placed over the normal polythene silage sheet and weighted only at the edges and joins. Once fitted, Secure Covers' unique construction disperses wind gusts making sure that the silage sheet remains in place on the silage pit.
Secure Covers effectively reduce surface waste by keeping the silage sheet in close contact with silage surface. The finely knitted mesh helps prevent bird damage to the silage sheet and when pulled down stops birds feeding on the feed face.
Strong and Secure
Secure Covers are so strong that they can prevent damage to the silage sheet from cats, dogs, people and even cattle.
Tyrelessly Protecting Silage Pits
- Eliminates the need for tyres
- Helps prevent bird damage to sheets and feed face
- Prevents tyre wire disease
- Helps to reduce surface waste
- Secure Gravel Bags will reduce shoulder waste
- Unique mesh construction prevents fraying
- Labour saving - quick and easy to use
- Comprehensive range of standard sizes
- Guaranteed UV stable for 7 years
- Unmatched 6 months satisfaction guarantee
- Standard delivery 3 working days
From the outset, Secure Covers were specifically designed as silage clamp covers. Unlike other covers which are woven, Secure Covers are made from knitted polyethylene. This produces a very strong cover which will not fray and fall apart if damaged. The texture of the knitted surface also has the advantage of reducing the effects of high winds - once fitted, Secure Covers reduce 'wind lift', keeping the silage sheet in contact with the silage surface , even on a windy day.
Having the highest specification in the market (300g/sqm), Secure Covers are so strong they also help prevent bird damage to the silage sheet. In fact, they're rugged enough to have a herd of cows run over them without damaging the silage sheeting.
For further information on sizes and prices please contact us click